by: Jenny Young Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A man called about an intruder near 33rd and Charles Page Boulevard
- He called again to say he fired on a person
- Officers said the person killed was girlfriend
- She died after medics hospitalized her
- Officers identified her as 20-year-old Sabrina Meier
- Officers arrested 21-year-old Xavier Dixon for first-degree manslaughter
- FOX23 remains on the scene getting the latest for FOX23 News This Morning HERE
A Tulsa man faces manslaughter charges after police say he shot his girlfriend.
Xavier Dixon, 21, told police his girlfriend left his home around noon Tuesday, then contacted him more than an hour before the shooting, saying she wanted to return but did not want to intrude.
He claimed to be elsewhere.
About 90 minutes later, Dixon said he heard his front gate open, then heard someone attempting to open his bedroom window. He fired once.
Detectives say he then added to his story, saying he saw the person moving and shot again. When he went to get his phone, he grabbed a flashlight.
When he could see who was shot, he called 9-1-1, according to police.
Her name has not yet been released, but officers say her family was notified.
Dixon was arrested on complaints of first-degree manslaughter.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Police: Man admits to shooting possible intruder, kills woman in west Tulsa
- What does an Ozone Alert day mean?
- Tulsa daycare speaks up, couple arrested over child abuse allegations
- Dairy Queen owner defends 'politically incorrect' restaurant sign
© 2017 Cox Media Group.