Updated:TULSA, Okla. —
- Shaynna Smith or Sims arrested for Illegal Dissection of a Human Body
- Originally charged for cutting her body and hair after her death
- Additional charges for removing a toe and breasts from the body
- Police unclear of motive, say deceased woman previously dated Shaynna Smith or Sims’ boyfriend.
- Officials added unlawful removal of body parts from the deceased charge to Sims' record May 14.
A Tulsa woman charged with illegal dissection of a human body is now charged with the removal of body parts from the corpse.
The woman is accused of allegedly cutting the body of a deceased woman who used to date her boyfriend. Court documents show additional charges are for the removal of a toe and breast from the body.
Police say Shaynna Smith (also known as Sims) went to the Moore Funeral Home Eastlawn location and found the woman’s body and cut the hair, smudged the makeup and cut the woman’s face. They now say she also removed a toe and breast from the body.
They said the woman’s mother saw Smith with her hands in the casket, but she took them out and left after the mother walked up to her. They said that’s when the family saw the woman’s face and hair were cut and the make-up smudged.
They called police who found Smith inside the woman’s apartment. They said the woman’s son let her in because she said she was getting jewelry for the woman’s funeral.
Police said they found a knife with hair on it, a box cutter and make-up on Smith when they arrested her. They aren’t sure of an exact motive but said Smith and the woman were ‘frenemies’ and Smith’s boyfriend used to date the woman.