Two hospitalized after generator leads to carbon monoxide dangers


Story Comments Share

Updated: 7/26/2013 5:10 pm Published: 7/26/2013 5:09 pm


A Tulsa man and woman are in the hospital being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, another man is recovering at home.

The Tulsa Firefighters and hazmat crews worked to clear carbon monoxide from the home on South 39th West Avenue on Friday afternoon.

Firefighters told FOX23 the three people who lived in the home moved their generators too close to the house to protect it from the rain. The carbon monoxide got sucked into the home through the air conditioning unit and created dangerous levels inside.

They said if someone had not called the fire department it could have been a more dangerous situation. Everyone is expected to be OK.


Story Comments Share

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of KOKI FOX23 - Tulsa

No comments yet!
FOX23 Weather Center
56°
Feels Like: 56°
High: 74° | Low: 41°
Cloudy
Top Stories
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.