City of Tulsa officials say through 2014, eligible Tulsa residents may receive $25 rebates for sales tax from the 2008 Fix Our Streets package. Rebates will be distributed in 2013 according to eligibility in 2012.
Residents must submit applications to the City of Tulsa each year to receive a rebate. Applications for the 2012 rebate are due by April 15, 2013.
This is the third year for the Fix Our Streets Sales Tax Rebate. In 2012, nearly 13,000 Tulsa residents submitted applications and received the rebate.
Tulsa residents may qualify for rebates either by age, 65 years or older for any part of 2012, or income through eligibility for the Oklahoma Sales Tax Refund or Oklahoma Earned Income Tax Credit. It is recommended that residents who qualify both by age and income use age as their eligibility for faster processing.
Other requirements for the rebate:
● Recipient must have lived in the Tulsa city limits for at least one year prior to application.
● Recipient must be the family member who contributed the greatest share of income for his or her household.
● Rebates are limited to one per household.
Residents can obtain forms in several ways, including:
● At City Hall, 175 E. 2nd St. - Street Level Customer Service Cashier and City Clerk
● By request from the Customer Care Center, (918) 596-2100
● Online through the City of Tulsa website.
The City of Tulsa will send rebates to recipients after the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety verifies age eligibility and/or the Oklahoma Tax Commission has verified income eligibility. That process begins after the April 15 tax filing deadline and will take several months.
Some Tulsa residents may not receive their rebates until the fall of 2013.