|Updated: 10/01/2012 1:00 pm
||Published: 10/01/2012 12:49 pm
A Tulsa elementary school is evacuated after smoke fills the hallways.
It happened at Kendall-Whittier Elementary shortly before noon.
According to school officials, the air conditioning unit was turned off by some students. When it was turned back on, it caused smoke to fill the school.
The principal tells FOX23, everyone evacuated the school in about a minute.
Tulsa firefighters cleared the smoke and students were sent back to class by 12:30 p.m.