Several fireworks celebrations are planned in Green Country on the Fourth of July.
Okmulgee’s 3rd annual Fireworks Extravaganza will take place at Harmon Stadium. The ceremony and fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on radio station KOKL 1240-AM.
In Tulsa there are three activity locations this year: River West Festival Park, Veterans Park, and Blue Rose Café/Elwood’s.
- 1) River West Festival Park – 2100 S. Jackson
- 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Beverage booths, food vendors open
- 6:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. – Face painting, free inflatables, rock climbing wall, and tethered hot-air ballon rides
- 7:00 p.m. – National Anthem by Gary Harris
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. – Remarks from elected officials, event sponsors and River Parks Authority Executive Director
- 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – Live music by Something Steel
- 9:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Fireworks over the Arkansas River
- Paid parking at three locations on the west bank of the Arkansas River – $5/$20 per vehicle
- For more information call 918-596-2001
3) Blue Rose Café and Elwoods
- 2) Veterans Park – 1875 S. Boulder Ave.
- Noon to 9:30 p.m. – Tulsa Parks will host their annual American Salute, an old-fashioned family picnic and music. Free inflatables for kids!
- 6:00 p.m. – Children can begin decorating their bicycles to prepare for Bicycle Parade for Kids
- 7:00 p.m. – Bicycle Parade for Kids presented by Tom’s Bicycles
- 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Music by Dan Crossland
For more information visit the Freedomfest website