The League of Women Voters, in partnership with the YWCA Tulsa and several national organizations, declared September 25th National Voter Registration Day.
The Tulsa League has registered hundreds of first-time voters since August and will continue apace through the October 12 Oklahoma voter registration deadline for voting in the November 6 elections.
"Registering voters is one of our top priorities and a core of our mission because voting is one of the most fundamental rights of citizenship. In these times of overt attempts to deny certain citizens their right to vote, our voter registration work is even more urgent," said Heather Hope-Hernandez, president of the League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa.
Upcoming Voter Registration Events
- 6 a.m. - 9 p.m
- YWCA Midtown: 1910 S. Lewis Ave.
- YWCA East: 8145 E. 17th St. (17th and Memorial)
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- YWCA Downtown: 1503 S. Denver Ave.
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tulsa Technology Health Sciences Center, Lemley Campus (3420 S. Memorial Dr.)
- September 26th
- 8:30 - 10 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m.
- CAP - Eugene Field Elementary School 2249 S. Phoenix Ave. (23rd and Southwest Blvd.)
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tulsa Technology Center, Peoria Campus 3850 N. Peoria Ave.
- September 28th
- 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Tulsa Technology Center, Broken Arrow Campus 4000 West Florence Street (111th and Garnett)
- October 8th
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Union High School 6636 S. Mingo Rd.
For more information about the League, visit lwvtulsa.org
or call 918-747-7933.