|Updated: 12/03/2012 10:20 am
||Published: 12/03/2012 10:19 am
The selection committee for the Tulsa Public Schools Athletics Hall of Fame released the names of the posthumous inductees for the First Annual Tulsa Public Schools Athletics Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
There six former players, coaches or administrators included on the initial list of inductees.
The posthumous inductees include the following:
• Bill Allen, player at Central High School, coach at Webster High School
• Ed Lacy, coach at Booker T. Washington, District Athletics Director
• Wayman Tisdale, player at Booker T. Washington
• Grady Skillern, coach at Central, District Athletics Director
• S.E. Williams, coach at Booker T. Washington
• Dr. Charles Mason, District Superintendent
The committee will release the names of the nine remaining inductees over the next three weeks, representing each of the nine high schools currently in the Tulsa Public Schools system.
The first class will include 15 inductees in the initial year of the program. In upcoming years, no more than five candidates will be inducted. The banquet and reception will be held at the Doubletree at Warren Place on January 24, 2013, beginning with the reception at 6 p.m. and the banquet to follow at 7 p.m.