Sand Springs firefighters control acid leak
|Updated: 7/19/2013 11:22 am
||Published: 7/19/2013 11:21 am
The Sand Springs fire department said a train leaked acid on Friday morning.
Fire officials said it happened at the corner of Morrow and Main around 8:40 a.m. They received a report from the railroad employees of the railroad tank car valve being left open.
Officials said it was an operator error; when the last driver loaded everything off, he left the valve open.
Firefighters were geared up and had a full Hazmat entry, it took them about five minutes to fix.
Officials said no one was in danger and there were no evacuations
Copyright 2013 Cox Television Tulsa, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.