|Updated: 2/24 10:27 pm
||Published: 2/24 10:25 pm
A fire in downtown Sand Springs puts two people out their home and damages several businesses.
Many of the businesses along the strip are closed and some don't know when they will reopen.
But we talked to one business owner who said he's on his way to moving forward.
This fire scene destroyed a home and damaged businesses.
But now that the smoke has cleared an Oklahoma restoration truck is a sign that things could soon be back to normal for businesses on First and Main streets.
“They’re still just cleaning up inside, just getting salvageable stuff out to a safe location,” said Elijah Tallent.
Tallent owns Tallent Electric, a commercial contracting company.
He said unlike some of his neighboring businesses he's didn't lose a lot.
“All of our stuff was fine. It was a lot of the Chamber and Edward Jones paperwork was mainly what got ruined from the water,” he said.
Tallent told FOX23 he did have some damage to his company, too.
“Our roof is going to have to be totally replaced and all the heating and air system that was on the roof is totally gone and there is a lot of water damage,” Tallent said.
He said that water damaged the carpet, but if everything goes as planned, Tallent Electric should have electricity by Tuesday.
“Looking at some of the other damage that happened next door and knowing what could have happened, we probably got really lucky,” Tallent said.
Tallent also said he is fortunate he doesn't need his office to function so he is still open for business.
He said some of the other owners are out of town so he not sure when they will be up and running again.