The Tulsa Red Cross is hosting a series of blood donations for the spring season.
When Matt Deyo was a senior in high school, he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a cancerous bone tumor. During his 14-month regimen of aggressive chemotherapy, he received more than 90 units of red blood cells and platelets.
“Being an 18-year-old cancer patient was difficult because my life suddenly took an unexpected detour,” said Deyo, now cancer-free. “But going through that life-changing experience led me down an amazing path and helped me decide to pursue a medical career.”
To make an appointment or for more information about donating blood, visit redcrossblood.org.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:Tulsa Blood Donation Center
Mon.- Thu. 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Fri and Sat 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. at 10151 E. 11th St. Adair County
April 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Stilwell High School, 1801 W. Locust St. in Stilwell, Okla.Cherokee County
April 4 from 1-6:30 p.m. at Armory Municipal Center, 100 N. Water in Tahlequah, Okla.Craig County
- April 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Craig General Hospital, 735 N. Foreman in Vinita, Okla.
- April 9 from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Vinita High School, 801 N. Adair St. in Vinita, Okla.
- April 1 from 3:30-7 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 201 N. McCracken St. in Chouteau, Okla.
- April 2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Chouteau High School, 315 N. Whittaker in Chouteau, Okla.
- April 4 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Pryor High School Burdick Center, 1100 SE Ninth in Pryor, Okla.
- April 4 from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Muskogee Civic Center, 425 Boston St. in Muskogee, Okla.
- April 14 from 1:30-5:30 p.m. at Arrowhead Mall, 501 S. Main in Muskogee, Okla.
April 15 from 1-6 p.m. at Henryetta First Baptist Church, 420 W. Trudgeon in Henryetta, Okla.Osage County
April 11 from 2-6:30 p.m. at United Methodist Church, 1007 S. Osage St. in Skiatook, Okla.Ottawa County
April 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Miami Civic Center, 129 NW Fifth in Miami, Okla.Pawnee County
April 11 from 12-5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church, 100 S. Division in Cleveland, Okla.Rogers County
- April 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carlisle Brake & Friction, 1110 W. Tenkiller Road in Catoosa, Okla.
- April 7 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 107 E. Will Rogers in Claremore, Okla.
- April 8 from 3-7 p.m. at Inola United Methodist Church, 125 S. Broadway in Inola, Okla.
- April 10 from 1-6 p.m. at Rogers County Building, 416 S. Brady in Claremore, Okla.
- April 14 from 12-3 p.m. at New Hope Church of God, 1904 N. Sioux St. in Claremore, Okla.
- April 2 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Hillcrest Medical Center, 1120 S. Utica in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 2 from 12-4 p.m. at Hillcrest Medical Center, 1120 S. Utica in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 5 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Southern Ridge, 6506 S. Lewis Ave. in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 5 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hillcrest Hospital South, 8801 S. 101st East Ave. in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 7 from 11:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at St. Francis Xavier Activity Center, 2434 E. Admiral Blvd. in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Allen Chapman Activity Center, 440 S. Gary Ave. in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 9 from 4-9 p.m. at Hamill Student Center, 7777 S. Lewis in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Central Park Community Center, 1500 S. Main in Broken Arrow, Okla.
- April 10 from 4-9 p.m. at ORU Hamill Student Center, 7777 S. Lewis in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 10 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rejoice Christian High School, 12200 E. 86th St. North in Owasso, Okla.
- April 11 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Boulder Towers, 1437 S. Boulder in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Woodland Hills Mall, 7021 S. Memorial Drive in Tulsa, Okla.
- April 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. at The Assembly at Broken Arrow, 3500 New Orleans in Broken Arrow, Okla.
- April 14 from 12:30-5:30 p.m. at Woodland Hills Mall, 7021 S. Memorial Drive in Tulsa, Okla.