Power lines spark house fire


Story Comments Share

Reported by: Preston Jones
Updated: 1/23 10:00 am Published: 1/23 8:48 am


Several houses in midtown lost power Thursday morning after a grass fire took down several power lines.

FOX23 talked to the PSO supervisor and he said the wind was absolutely a factor in the fire. He also said recent ice storms have left some tree branches and limbs tangled in the power lines. That can be very dangerous and quickly start a fire.


"And you don't want to walk under those limbs while you may be mowing your yard or working in your back yard when those limbs fall. It's not just a hazard for us, but it's a hazard for the customer," said Jimmy Wilson, PSO Supervisor.
 
The fire captain said the fire started from two power lines arching together. He also said it could have been the wind that caused those two lines to touch and spark this fire. The fire originally broke out at top of the power pole and then burned part of the grass in a backyard.

The corner part of a shed also caught fire but nothing was heavily damaged. Fire station seven is about a block away from the house so fire crews were on the scene in minutes that helped get the fire under control.
 
The PSO supervisor said working in the cold makes the job much harder but luckily they didn't see many downed power lines overnight.

Story Comments Share

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of KOKI FOX23 - Tulsa

No comments yet!
FOX23 Weather Center
53°
Feels Like: 53°
High: 73° | Low: 36°
Partly Cloudy
Top Stories
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.