|Updated: 11/13/2012 2:27 pm
||Published: 11/12/2012 6:11 pm
The Mannford Fire Department got a call around 5:40 p.m. Monday about a blast at an apartment complex.
A Mannford police officer tells FOX23, six people were taken to the hospital, however their conditions are unknown. Some of the victims were taken to the hospital in private vehicles.
The blast happened at Salt Creek apartments in the 200 block of Hinton Blvd in Mannford. Four units were destroyed, displacing up to sixteen people. The Mannford Ambulance director says the fire was started by something faulty in the mechanical room. They say that led to a gas build up and an unknown source ignited the fire.
Firefighters say two men rushed in to pull a woman in her 60's from the blaze. The woman suffered second and third degree burns, and the men who rescued her also suffered burns. It is unclear the extent of the men's injuries, or how badly the other three people were hurt.
The State Fire Marshal has been called in to investigate. A witness' video shows flames engulfing the complex.
In August, a wildfire tore through the Mannford area and other parts of Creek County, destroying more than 300 homes.