Man burned in meth fire in south Tulsa
|Updated: 1/04/2013 9:23 am
||Published: 1/04/2013 5:13 am
A man is recovering after fire crews say he was burned in a meth lab fire.
It happened Thursday night in south Tulsa at the Tamarack Place Apartments near 61st and Peoria. When fire crews arrived one of the apartments was on fire. They were able to put it out before it could damage other units. One person inside was badly burned, and taken to Hillcrest medical center.
Crews were able to talk with the victim before he was taken away, and they say he admitted to cooking meth in the apartment. Arson investigators say they found meth making materials in the apartment.
The victim's name has not been released. Police say when he gets out of the hospital, he will likely face charges for manufacturing meth.
Copyright 2013 Cox Television Tulsa, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.