|Updated: 7/26/2013 6:50 pm
||Published: 7/26/2013 4:34 pm
A west Tulsa grandmother said her generator set her house on fire on Friday.
It happened shortly before noon near Union and West 51st Street.
Sheila Hudson lost power in Tuesday's storm. She told FOX23 she needed the generator to keep her medication refrigerated.
FOX23's Price McKeon and her photographer were driving in the area and saw flames coming from Hudson's home and got there as firefighters were fighting the fire.
Hudson spoke to FOX23 minutes after running out of her home to escape the.
"No insurance and that's OK because it's just stuff," she said.
She's been without power since Tuesday night.
"And I'm on medication that needs to be refrigerated," she said.
She said she's been using a generator. But she said her daughter-in-law and grandkids came over Friday to help her set it up and they saw a leak.
She said they stopped putting gas in it and went inside.
"And all of a sudden we just heard a boom and up it went," she said.
Hudson told FOX23 they tried putting it out with water but the fire was too intense.
Firefighters quickly got the fire under control.
"My most important things are sitting right over there... It's OK. I'm not going to worry about it, God will take care of it one day at a time," she said.
Hudson said firefighters were able to rescue her medicine. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.