History Of The Admiral Drive-In
|Updated: 9/03/2010 11:47 pm
||Published: 9/03/2010 6:34 pm
The Admiral Twin has truly been an institution in Tulsa. It opened in 1951 and many people have enjoyed movies and memories there for the last 60 years. The theater's original name was the Modern Aire and it only featured one movie screen. The second screen was added in 1952 and the name was changed to The Admiral Twin. In 2005, the Admiral won a historic landmark contest which allowed the theater to undergo some much needed improvements. Portions of the 1983 movie, "The Outsiders" were also shot at the Admiral.
Copyright 2010 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.