Grandmother, grandson escape house fire


Story Comments Share

Updated: 12/27/2012 11:51 am Published: 12/27/2012 7:30 am


A grandmother and her grandson escaped a fire in their home early Thursday morning. 

The grandmother smelled smoke at the home, near E. Xyler and E. Woodrow Place, and when her grandson went to check it out, he saw flames in the garage. 

The pair were able to get out, but the grandmother suffered smoke inhalation, and the grandson suffered minor burns. Fire crews say the home did not have a working smoke detector, and that the pair are lucky that they were awake to notice the fire. 



Story Comments Share

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of KOKI FOX23 - Tulsa

No comments yet!
FOX23 Weather Center
62°
Feels Like: 62°
High: 66° | Low: 43°
Mostly Cloudy
Most Popular
Fallin signs minimum wage hike ban in Oklahoma
Cities in Oklahoma are prohibited from establishing mandatory minimum wage or vacation and sick-day requirements under a bill that has been signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin.
Top Stories
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.