Fix Our Streets sales tax rebate available one more time.
This is the fourth and final year that $25 sales tax rebates will be available from the 2008 Fix Our Streets package. Rebates will be distributed in 2014 according to eligibility in 2013.
Residents must submit applications to the City of Tulsa to receive a rebate. Applications for the 2013 rebate are due by April 15, 2014.
Tulsa residents may qualify for rebates either by age - 65 years or older for any part of 2013 - or income through eligibility for the Oklahoma Sales Tax Refund or Oklahoma Earned Income Tax Credit. It is recommended that residents who qualify both by age and income use age as their eligibility for faster processing.
Other requirements for the rebate:
● Recipient must have lived in the Tulsa city limits for at least one year prior to application.
● Recipient must be the family member who contributed the greatest share of income for his or her household.
● Rebates are limited to one per household.
Residents can obtain forms in several ways, including:
● At City Hall, 175 E. 2nd St. - Street Level Customer Service Cashier and City Clerk
● By request from the Customer Care Center, (918) 596-2100
● Online through the City of Tulsa website: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/salestaxrebate
The City of Tulsa will send rebates to recipients after the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety has verified age eligibility and/or the Oklahoma Tax Commission has verified income eligibility. This process will begin after the April 15 tax filing deadline and will take several months beyond that. Some Tulsa residents may not receive their rebates until the fall of 2014.