|Updated: 11/04/2013 10:12 am
||Published: 11/03/2013 9:46 am
A fire in North Tulsa leaves nearly 30 people jobless.
Escapades Gentlemen's Club at 11th Street and South Sheridan Road went up in flames around 6 a.m. Sunday morning.yesterday morning.
"I have been trying to help them clean it up, and at least make it a little easier on them," employee Crystalyn Chapman told FOX23. "Then I'll figure something out for myself later."
She has worked at Escapades for eight years.
"This place has been around for a long time, I mean this place is part of Tulsa's history, even if it is a gentleman's club," Chapman said.
For her and many others, it was more than a club. It was a place where they made life-long friendships.
"Everybody's a family here," Cartiea Hutchisen said.
Her dad has owned Escapades since 1995, and she has worked there as a server for more than three years.
"There was smoke and flames everywhere," Hutchisen remembers.
She took FOX23 inside for a look at what's left of the club.
It's not much. A Budweiser sign she showed us is melted. Couches are destroyed. We saw piles of rubble everywhere.
"Everything was exactly the way it was left. It was just burned, and horrible," Chapman said.
There was also smoke damage.
It's a mess that has left almost 30 people wondering, what's next.
"We all have families," Hutchisen said. Places that we have to still be able to live at. Have a roof over our heads, have a roof over our kids heads."
Tulsa Fire officials tell FOX23 the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical issue.