|Updated: 12/08/2013 10:27 pm
||Published: 12/08/2013 10:26 pm
The Tulsa Fire Department told FOX23 it responded to multiple fires overnight and into the early morning.
Around 5 a.m., fire crews were called to a fire at a strip mall, near 41st Street and Sheridan Road.
FOX23 went to the scene and talked to owners who are wondering what to do next.
Fire crews responded to a strip mall just after 5 a.m. Sunday morning.
They spent over two hours trying to put out the blaze, which they say was a challenge because of the weather conditions.
Working together is something the two business owners say they have done in the past.
Both of their stores were damaged from this fire.
"Our show room is sustained smoke damage," said Stephanie Layson, who owns a party pro store that sells party supplies.
She says her store was heavily damaged.
"All the information we know thus far is it started in a corner where the electrical lights are, and that wall joins party pro and R.G Louis flowers," said Layson.
Terry Tucker owns and operates R.G. Lewis flowers and he says this is his busiest season and this fire has caused him to put a halt on his business.
"All of products are fresh flowers, plants, poinsettias so I don't know where this leaves us. I don't know where we'll go what we'll do but we'll make it," said Tucker.
Luckily, his friend and business neighbor is opening her door.
It's devastating for a small business to lose so much, so the business next door is going to share her space with Tucker's flower shop until his remodeling is complete.
Tucker says the good thing about small businesses is everybody helps everybody.