|Updated: 12/31/2013 8:51 am
||Published: 12/30/2013 9:11 pm
An errant log from a fireplace may have started a fire that severely damaged a Sand Springs home Monday night.
The first started around 8 o'clock Monday night near Franklin and Broadway.
According to firefighters, about half of the building was in flames when they arrived at the scene. They tell FOX23, a man who lives at the house told them that he believed a log rolled out of the fireplace and started the fire.
Firefighters did have some trouble with a hydrant nearest the building. According to the fire chief, it malfunctioned forcing crews to go to another hydrant a block away.
Firefighters tell FOX23 the man at the house was treated for smoke inhalation, but is expected to be OK.