Family pet killed in house fire


Story Comments Share

Updated: 12/24/2013 9:33 pm Published: 12/24/2013 9:29 pm


A Bixby family will spend the holidays without their beloved pet.

The family dog died in a house fire on Christmas Eve.

Firefighters responded to the fire on West 5th Street and Memorial this morning.

Fire officials tell FOX23 the fire started in the garage when the family's dog, who was home alone, knocked over a heater.

The fire severely damaged the garage, but the home itself only had smoke and water damage.

Story Comments Share

2 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of KOKI FOX23 - Tulsa

Mayor Maynot - 12/25/2013 4:06 PM
0 Votes
Don't most space heaters have a sensor that tells them to shut off when they are tipped over

Unwashed Mass - 12/25/2013 10:20 AM
0 Votes
Looks like they are watering a palm tree.
FOX23 Weather Center
68°
Feels Like: 68°
High: 81° | Low: 55°
Mostly Cloudy
Top Stories
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.