The family of two little girls who died in Monday's apartment fire in south Tulsa said police have it wrong.
Police believe neglect led to the deaths of 1-year-old Nylah and 4-year-old Noni Moses. Police arrested their aunt Miashah Moses.
Keahmiee Moses, the girl's mother kissed them goodbye Monday morning, and by 3 p.m. Monday, her daughters were dead.
"Words cannot describe how horrible this is," Lora Simmons-Clark.
Simmons-Clark fought back tears long enough to reflect on her niece's young lives. She clung tightly to all that was left of them: memories.
"It's not going to ever, ever be the same again," said Simmons-Clark.
Noni and Nyla were trapped inside their London Square Apartment when a fire broke out. Once they got to the hospital it was too late.
"Imagine how we're going to feel when we see two little baby coffins," said Simmons-Clark.
Police said Miashah Moses, the children's aunt, was watching them. They say she left food cooking and left the girls alone.
"By the time she came back, that's when she saw the fire," said grandmother, Chrisandria Moses.
Chrisandria said Miashah had stepped out to dump a dirty diaper. She says there's no way her grandbabies were neglected. Even so, police arrested Miashah.
"All of us are in shock, we don't know how to deal with this," said Simmons-Clark.
Keahmiee was at work when it happened. She lost everything she owned and loved in the fire. Now the family wants to make sure others remember two lives they'll never forget.
The family is having trouble paying for the girl's funeral. A donation fund has been set up in Keahmiee Moses' name.