|Updated: 11/19/2013 5:42 pm
||Published: 11/19/2013 5:31 pm
This is the second fire at the London Square Apartment complex in recent months.
The first happened in September, it was also determined to be an accidental fire caused by cooking.
Romana Price saw the first sparks of the massive fire.
"A little bit of flames in the window," she said.
She watched it grow into huge billows of smoke and flames. Seeing all of this damage, she said it's hard to believe it started in such a small space.
"No, that just doesn't (look) right to me for a kitchen fire not at all," she said.
The September fire left more than 10 families without a home.
FOX23 talked to Tulsa Fire Department Capt. Stan May to see if two fires back to back is just a coincidence or a cause for concern.
"The one before that one was an inattentive cooker, they were in there cooking and left the room. We aren't sure about this one; we are still trying to get to the bottom of it," he said.
One reason he thinks these two fires have been so destructive is because it's an older building.
"The newer ones have to have sprinklers in and it's a huge benefit that we are trying to push hard (for), but in cases like this we are going to have this until they pass the law they aren't grandfathered," he said.
Firefighters found a working smoke detector in the apartment with working batteries, but can't find any witnesses who heard it going off.