|Updated: 1/07 11:00 pm
||Published: 1/07 10:59 pm
You've seen this scene before - a Tulsa house charred from flames.
Five minutes is all it took the Tulsa Fire Department to put out the fire at the house.
Another day, another fire; luckily at this north Tulsa house everyone made it out safely, aside from one dog.
With everyone safe, the question was how did the fire start?
Crews tell FOX23 they worked to determine if once again a space heater was to blame. But it took crews more than two hours to find out what started the fire.
FOX23 found out the cause was not a space heater.
Tulsa Fire Department’s Stan May told us, "We found that it was an electrical extension cord, obviously overheated, caught the carpet on fire, went up the walls from there, that's where it all started."
FOX23 spoke to the resident's boyfriend, Antjuan Custard.
"I got a set of three-year-old twins who was in there sleeping, they were in their room (and) I went to sleep with them. Next thing I knew someone was banging on the door and everything. That's when I noticed the house was filled with smoke. So I grabbed the twins (and) kicked out the back window."
Thankfully the homeowner does have another place to say.
"She already has another place where she can move, this is her last 30 days here anyway, so she's already got another place already," Custard said.
It should be noted this fire was spotted by the Tulsa Police Department.
They alerted the Fire Department, which allowed crews to respond before any neighbors had to call 911.