|Updated: 2/17 8:27 pm
||Published: 2/17 6:51 pm
Families who live in Coweta tell FOX23 it's been a terrifying Monday.
Our FOX23 team went to the scene of the grass fire and there when the fire broke out and met one woman who said she can't believe how close she came to losing her home.
Sarah Wall was helping and bringing any available hoses, just to protect her property. She got a call at work Monday and couldn't believe what she saw when she came home.
"It's unreal. It’s unreal to walk up and see how close it got to your house,” said Wall.
We had been on the scene an hour and were in her driveway when Sarah Wall arrived and saw her home surrounded by flames.
She was desperate to get inside, "My dogs. My kids thankfully aren't here, they are with a babysitter right now…so I had to come and get my dogs."
With her dogs safely out of the house, Sarah worked to help protect her home and her neighbors.
She told me she wasn't worried about what was left inside. "No; everything in there is just an item. It can all be replaced," said Wall.
Flames were only 5 to 10 feet from touching Wall's home.
She told FOX23 she's very grateful to the firefighters who acted quickly and saved her home and so many others in Coweta.