A mobile home fire in Osage County claimed the lives of two people early Thursday morning.
Firefighters were called to a home at 36th Street North and North 41st West Avenue shortly after two this morning.
The state fire marshal has confirmed that two people died when their mobile home went up in flames.
As FOX23 News arrived to the scene, it looked more like a big pile of brush or metal. Most of the trailer had already burned.
The fire marshal said four people were inside the trailer home at the time of the fire. A man and his wife woke up to the smoke and fire and ran out the back door.
The man's stepson and girlfriend did not make out alive.
Fire officials say they found the couple lying next to each other and it looks like they were probably sleeping during the fire.
Officials say the call came out around 2:30 this morning, but it's likely the fire started long before that.
Osage Hills Fire Department took the call initially, but it's a small department, so Tulsa brought several engines out to help.
FOX23 spoke with the fire marshal, who said it looks like this could have all started from either smoking or a space heater.
He also said there was no working smoke detector inside the house and that's something that could have saved those two people.