BIXBY, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Nearly one year after a deadly wreck, local governments are teaming up to change the intersection
- Bixby man Jake McGill died last February
- Local authorities say the intersection at 106th and Memorial notoriously dangerous
- An ODOT traffic study backed up that claim
- ODOT is paying for half of the project, and Tulsa and Bixby are splitting the other half of the $60,000 price tag
- County commissioner Ron Peters reportedly pushed the project through by getting ODOT to get the ball rolling
- The median will be reconstructed to make it impossible for people to cut across Memorial to turn left from either side of 106th
- Officials have not said when construction will start
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Parents claim children who took MiraLAX developed 'neuropsychiatric problems'
- 'Day Without Immigrants' protests being held across US
- Search underway in east Tulsa for second victim after suspects reportedly throw teen in creek
- Investigators work to determine if Okmulgee remains belong to missing Boulder, Colorado, woman
- FOX23 INVESTIGATION: Man thinks soil from childhood home poisoned him
© 2018 Cox Media Group.