by: Rick Maranon Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Saint John Health Systems told FOX23 some employees are being laid off this week.
- The layoffs do not include doctors, nurses, and other staff that deals with patients directly for medical needs,
- The layoffs are taking place in the business office.
- St. John did not have a specific number at this time on how many employees are being laid off.
- Hospital officials told FOX23 when a new owner took over four years ago, they began to look at cost cutting procedures, and this is one of the cuts they are making.
St. John officials released this statement about the cuts:
“Through our partnership with R1, we are evolving our revenue cycle work to help us meet the needs of individuals in the communities we serve and deliver a better patient experience. Many associates who hold these positions at Ascension’s sites of care will remain in their local facilities, though some positions will be moved to a shared service site in another location. All affected associates will be provided an option to relocate that includes relocation assistance, as well as transition support for associates who decline these positions.”
R1 is the hospital revenue vendor.
- FOX23 Severe Weather team tracking severe weather in Green Country
- Officer involved shooting investigation in Okmulgee
- SIGN UP for the FOX23 Newsletter
- Mumps outbreak in Tulsa County
- Breastfeeding mom shares tragic story
© 2017 Cox Media Group.