TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A hot air balloon made an landing at a Tulsa apartment complex Sunday.
- It happened around 8 p.m. at the Barrington Apartments near 65th and Mingo.
- No injuries were reported and the balloon was quickly packed up and taken back to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in east Tulsa.
- Witness video of the landing appears to show a tear in one side of the balloon as it landed.
- Police initially reported the landing as an emergency. FOX23 News spoke to the pilot who clarified it was not an emergency landing
- The pilot came down as scheduled, choosing the field next to the complex as a safe spot
- The envelope tore as the balloon came down; when the basket hit a curb, it swayed into a tree, causing the tear
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Teen girl killed in north Tulsa shooting identified
- Toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check by police
- U.S. Navy destroyer collides with ship; 7 sailors killed
- Stephen Furst, of 'Animal House,' dead at 63
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.