TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Jordan Mitchell is wanted on a murder charge after he failed to show up to court.
- He is accused in a 2013 murder.
- Mitchell's grandmother will have to pay his bond if he is not found.
A grandmother is pleading with a wanted man, because she says it could cost her everything she has if he is not found.
Jordan Mitchell is wanted on a murder charge out of Tulsa County.
Though the crime happened in 2013, Mitchell was not arrested until 2015.
A judge reduced his bond from $500,000 to $30,000, because his lawyer said he was not a flight risk.
But when Mitchell did not show up to his September hearing, authorities said he cut off his ankle monitor.
Mitchell's grandmother, who signed for his $30,000 bond, says that will cost everything she has.
Because Mitchell has not been found, she is deemed responsible for the money. She says this will ruin her financially.
Authorities say they have received leads, but they have not been able to catch Mitchell. They believe he is in the area.
TRENDING ON FOX23.COM
- Earthquake causes power outages, evacuations in Payne County
- Man shot to death in north Tulsa
- Former Attorney General Janet Reno dies at 78
- FOX23 INVESTIGATION: Dangers on the dark web, what you need to know to stay safe
- Rain chances to keep temperatures down in Green Country
© 2017 Cox Media Group.