OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Garth Brooks will perform four shows in Oklahoma City next month.
- They are set for July 14 and 15 at the Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- Brooks set a new personal sales record in the city.
Garth Brooks set a new personal record for ticket sales in Oklahoma City on Friday.
The Oklahoma-born singer and reigning CMA entertainer of the year sold 50,000 tickets in less than an hour, according to a news release from the Cox Convention Center.
The previously record was 42,844 tickets to string of shows in July 1997.
Brooks will headline four shows July 14 and 15 at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. This is Brooks' first return to the Sooner State since he performed seven shows in Tulsa in 2015.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Griffin not 'laying down' for Trump, fears career is over
- Tulsa police investigate report of attempted kidnapping
- Trump pulls US from global warming accord, to allies' dismay
- Brad Pitt treats Chris Cornell's children to Universal Studios
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.