TULSA, Okla. - A Bartlesville man with special needs is getting some much-needed support from friends after a video was posted to social media.
The video shows 24-year-old Ricky Flory at a Tulsa street corner holding a sign asking people to punch him in the face for money.
Flory has a developmental disorder that has kept him from maturing past the mental age of 12. He said he was abandoned by his family and has been homeless in Tulsa for three years.
He said during that time he suffered physical, sexual and financial abuse.
When Flory's friends from high school saw the video online, they said they were heartbroken and went to find him and bring him back to Bartlesville. They said people from across the country have offered to donate clothes and money to help Flory get back on his feet.
His friends are working to find him a new home now. They are raising money through a YouCaring page.
- Stranger spanks toddler in Kroger, says ‘This is what we do to kids in Mexico'
- 1 dead in shooting at veterans nursing home in Georgia
- National Pizza Day 2018: Deals to save you dough on pizza
- Delta Cafe to re-open in south Tulsa
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent directly to your inbox
© 2018 Cox Media Group.