- Pew Research data shows 8 in 10 Americans are online shoppers
- Some sites, like Fakespot.com report 40% of reviews on the shopping site Amazon are fake
- FOX23 is getting details on what to look for to see if a review is real or not
More Americans are shopping online and some sites claim reviews showing up on shopping sites aren't real.
So how do you tell if it's a fake review or not?
SIGNS THAT A REVIEW MIGHT BE FAKE
- A review that mentions the full product name multiple times
- A long, multi-paragraphed review with over the top praise and/or pictures
- A review written by someone who only leaves five-star feedback for one specific seller
- A five-star review published before or on the same day a product is listed for sale
- A review generic enough that it could apply to any product
- A review that is not associated with a ‘verified purchase”
- Multiple five-star reviews where similar language is used
© 2018 Cox Media Group.