WAGONER, Okla. - Just 5 months after flames destroyed buildings along Wagoner’s historic downtown, more devastation happened Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded early to a vacant unit from which flames were shooting as smoke filled the air just steps from the site of a fire in July.
Investigators have not yet determined a cause for the most recent fire. Though the flames began in an empty unit, they spread to nearby business.
As firefighters worked the flames, someone kicked in the door to the Wagoner Historical Museum across the street.
Investigators say they left when the alarms sounded, leaving with nothing.
A news conference allowed the mayor, police and fire chiefs to share new info:
- Suspect dead after officer-involved shooting in midtown Tulsa
- 'Cash Me Outside' teen pays off mom's mortgage for Christmas
- Woman dead, man injured in 'savage' pit bull attack
- Police search for suspect accused of firing at officers
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.