BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Broken Arrow firefighters responded to a grass fire Monday evening.
They said grass burned on both sides of the Creek Turnpike near the Kenosha exit.
They said they were able to get most of the flames out by 6 p.m.
The fire reportedly started by a semi that got a flat tire and caused sparks to blow in the wind.
No one was injured.
Firefighters said the soft ground challenged them, and they said several brush trucks became stuck in the mud.
They also said working on the side of an area highway brings an extra challenge and safety hazard.
The fire started as much of Green Country was under a Red Flag Warning.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Weekend earthquakes shake Green Country
- Get breaking news alerts on your mobile device- download the FOX23 News app for FREE
- Police investigate after shooting victim arrives to midtown Tulsa hospital
- Trio accused of stealing nearly everything from Tulsa hotel room
- Tiffany Haddish makes Oscars fashion moment with used dress
© 2018 Cox Media Group.