TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Chantel Mack was one of two people killed in a shooting at Crawford Park in July.
- Her family created a memorial for her at the park.
- City officials asked the family to remove the memorial because it was blocking lawn maintenance crews.
A memorial at a Tulsa park honoring the life of a shooting victim is gone.
Family members of Chantel Mack put up the makeshift memorial in Crawford Park after she was killed in a July shooting.
Mack and Michael Daniels were shot to death at the park during a community softball game.
The Tulsa Parks Department asked the family to take down the memorial because it was in the way of lawn maintenance crews. The memorial items were gathered in a box for the family to collect.
City officials said there are no policies in place for memorials at parks. They said they will look to other cities for guidance on how to handle similar situations.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- President Trump says you'll be hearing 'Merry Christmas' a lot more this year
- Social Security benefits to rise by 2 percent in 2018
- Up in smoke: California fires damaging marijuana farms
- Trump administration stops subsidy payments to insurance companies covered under ObamaCare
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.