by: Greg Brown Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police arrested Korey Powell Saturday.
- Powell is accused of robbing a Jack in the Box and Mid-K Beauty Supply store.
- Police say employees recognized Powell when he returned to the Jack in the Box to pick up a job application.
Police say employees at an east Tulsa restaurant were able to stop a robbery suspect after he reportedly returned to the restaurant just hours after robbing it.
Police say a man robbed a Jack in the Box near 41st and Garnett Saturday morning, implying he had a gun.
They say afterward he robbed a nearby Mid-K Beauty Supply around noon, where he allegedly told an employee and her young niece that he wanted cash, had a gun in his pocket and didn't want any trouble.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Michelle Carter guilty of involuntary manslaughter in boyfriend's suicide
- Body found behind Tulsa County jail
- French fries, other fried potatoes could lead to early death, research suggests
- 7 things to know about the rare total solar eclipse crossing the nation this August
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
When the man reportedly returned to the Jack in the Box to pick up a job application, employees recognized him and confronted him until officers showed up.
No one was injured.
Police later identified the suspect as Korey Powell.
Employees from the beauty supply store say this is the third time they've been targeted by thieves.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Employees at Tulsa restaurant detain robbery suspect when he returns for job app
One person is dead after a hit and run
Police: Tulsa children found barricaded in rooms by rope, boards
Surveillance video shows suspected thieves in Catoosa business
Police arrest two accused of robbing Tulsa man with special needs