INOLA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The Rogers County Sheriff's Office is investigating a stabbing near Inola.
- Deputies are on the scene at the Riverbend Arena where a rodeo was underway.
- One victim died at the scene, he was identified as Fabian Perez, 24; another was hurt
- At least three people were arrested
- Two people were arrested because of video evidence.
- A FOX23 reporter is on the way there now to learn more.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
The Rogers County Sheriff's Office opened a murder investigation Sunday night after a stabbing near Inola.
Deputies responded to the Riverbend Arena around 9 p.m. for a reported stabbing. They say a fight broke out inside the arena before two people were stabbed.
FOX23 learned Fabian Perez, 24, was on a horse in a back area for rodeo participants when a fight broke out.
Perez died at the scene; a second person was hurt.
A blockade allowed investigators to make contact with everyone who was at the rodeo; despite a language barrier on the scene, officers arrested three people and took a fourth person into custody.
The three people arrested faced murder and felony assault complaints.
They were later identified as Margaritio Escarino, Rosales Cruz-Escarino and Hipolito Pina. Officials said video evidence cleared two people, as it showed just one suspect stabbing Perez. Cruz-Escarino and Hipolito Pina were cleared.
A fourth person is in custody; deputies have not said if that person will be arrested.
- 1 killed, 3 arrested in Rogers County stabbing
- Charges possible at end of Highway 51 crash investigation
- Colder this morning, but still a nice day ahead
- South, north Tulsa fast food robberies possibly related
- Georgia officers shot while serving warrant
© 2017 Cox Media Group.