Tulsa, OK - QUICK FACTS:
- Robert McKibben and John Nelson have been arrested after being accused of stealing aluminum and copper wires from the lights on I-244
- The city said they are flabbergasted someone would do this just after they had been replaced
Two men have been arrested after drivers saw them yanking wires from the lights between Peoria and Lewis.
Robert McKibben and John Nelson were booked into the Tulsa County Jail.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Green Country substitute teacher jailed for exposing herself to students during cartwheel
- Betty Shelby asks court to drop Terence Crutcher case
- Need a break from politics on social media? There's an app for that
- Beyoncé announces she is pregnant with twins
- Oklahoma senator's bill promises to charge doctors with murder for performing abortions
The two men are homeless and after an inspection of a tent they sleep in, officers said they found a duffel bag filled with aluminum and copper wiring the city installed recently.
The City of Tulsa said they are flabbergasted someone would steal the new replacement wiring and they're studying this arrest to see what can be improved to keep people from stealing the wires.
Video reportedly shows student attack at Tulsa school
© 2017 Cox Media Group.