TULSA, Okla. - A donor for “A New Leaf” acquired 50 acres of land near 86th Street North and Memorial for the non-profit to develop a “agrihood,” a neighborhood centered around several community gardens.
They say 110 clients will live and work in the “agrihood.” The non-profit will also be able to expand production for their plants, flowers and produce.
The project will cost $27 million, and “A New Leaf” will begin a capital campaign to raise the money. They hope to break ground on the development 2020.
Trending on FOX23.com
- Winter weather: What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in each state?
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $418 million; Powerball at $440 million
- PSO says customers hit all-time peak in winter electricity usage Monday
- The news that matters to you on Facebook
- Chocolate could disappear as early as 2050, scientists say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.