OWASSO, Okla. - A 13-year-old by was hit by a car Monday in the parking lot of an Owasso Reasor's store.
Ben DeBoer was hit while walking with his mother and sibling. An older woman in a car hit the gas for an unknown reason and ran onto the sidewalk, over DeBoer. His mother said the woman seemed to be having trouble in the car before it happened.
DeBoer lost one of his lungs in the accident. He also suffered injuries to his other lung and heart.
He was taken to St. Francis Hospital, then St. John's and then flown to a children's hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas, with a special heart and lung machine.
His family is asking for prayers as his recovery goes through ups and downs. They are posting updates on his condition on the Pray for Ben Facebook page.
Those who want to donate to Ben's recovery effort can do so on the family's GoFundMe page.
- Stranger spanks toddler in Kroger, says ‘This is what we do to kids in Mexico'
- 1 dead in shooting at veterans nursing home in Georgia
- National Pizza Day 2018: Deals to save you dough on pizza
- Delta Cafe to re-open in south Tulsa
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent directly to your inbox
© 2018 Cox Media Group.