CLAREMORE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police were called to South Frederick Road on a domestic disturbance
- The call led to a standoff; police say Steven McComb punched his girlfriend
- The standoff ended with McComb in custody; he faces a charge of domestic violence by strangulation
- Police say they found a crystal-like substance that tested positive for meth, along with a pipe with white residue
Claremore police ended a standoff after a domestic disturbance Monday night.
FOX23 reported a standoff had started on FOX23 News at 10 when police were called to an apartment on South Frederick Road.
Investigators said Steven McComb dragged his girlfriend out of the apartment, then choked and punched her.
Her nose was reportedly broken during the attack.
McComb then allegedly barricaded himself in a bathroom inside the apartment, attempting to break through the walls into another unit.
Around 11:30 p.m., police were in contact with McComb, but had not gotten into the apartment.
McComb was eventually arrested and faces a charge of domestic violence by strangulation, according to police.
While serving the arrest warrant, police said they found a crystal-like substance that tested positive for methamphetamine. They also claimed they found a pipe that had white residue.
- 3 QuikTrip robberies possibly connected
- Man arrested for arson blaze that decimated California town
- One arrested after Claremore standoff
- Parents charged after starving 7-year-old tries to sell teddy bear for food
- Suspected copper thief arrested for targeting highway street lights
© 2018 Cox Media Group.