by: Cailey Dougherty Updated:
MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Muskogee police report a body was found near the Arkansas River in Muskogee.
- Officials said some children found the body floating in a creek while playing near Riverside Mobile Home Park.
- Officials are still working to recover the body and get an investigator from the Medical Examiner's office.
- Police identified the body as missing 55-year-old Deborah Brooks. She was reported missing 3 weeks ago.
- WATCH FOX23 Cailey Dougherty's full report above.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
Muskogee police are investigating after a woman’s body was found in a creek outside the Riverside Trailer Park Friday afternoon.
Officials believe the body is that of 55-year-old Deborah Brooks. She was reported missing three weeks ago.
It’s unknown whether foul play was involved with the woman’s death. Police told FOX23 that children found the body floating in the water while they played near the creek.
Brooks’ family did not want to appear on television, but did tell FOX23 they recognized her tattoo on the body.
They said the incident is strange because it’s out of character for Brooks to be near the creek.
The Medical Examiner’s report is expected to be complete next week.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Rob Lowe visits the "Outsiders" house
- Tulsa police say wanted woman shot man, led to car crash on Brookside
- JCPenney announces closure of four Oklahoma stores
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates on your phone
- Oklahoma tourism advertised, parks face closures
- SIGN UP for the FOX23 newsletter
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Police identify body found in Muskogee creek
Tulsa teachers, supporters hit the road for education funding
Man offers $100,000 reward for information leading to missing Eufaula woman
BOK Center responds after deadly explosion at Manchester Arena
Divers find five cars submerged at the bottom of Nowata County rock quarry