TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police said a chase ended with a crash in north Tulsa Sunday.
- The suspect vehicle hit a car near Haskell Street and Harvard Avenue.
- Officials confirm a child was ejected from the victim's vehicle. He was originally thought to have a head injury, but officials now say he lost three teeth, suffered bruised lungs and road rash.
- A suspect was taken into custody. The child was taken to a hospital.
Tulsa police said a child was ejected from a vehicle after a pursuit suspect crashed into it Sunday afternoon.
The incident happened near Haskell Street and Harvard Avenue.
Officials said they first received a call from a woman who said she spotted her stolen car and followed it.
According to police, the suspect ran a stop sign on Harvard and crashed into a SUV. A man and woman were in the front seat of the SUV. A 6-year-old child was ejected, lost three teeth, suffered road rash and bruised lungs.
Doctors now do not believe the child suffered a head injury.
The suspect, Alexa Torres, was arrested at the scene.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Pence abruptly leaves Colt's game after players take a knee during anthem
- Las Vegas shooter's note had calculations for targeting crowd, police say
- Trump's cryptic tweet about North Korea: 'Only one thing will work'
- 55 dogs, toddler removed from house of horrors, bad stench reached street
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.