CHECOTAH, Okla. - Quick facts:
- A Checotah woman said she will be in the hospital for weeks after a neighbor told her pit bull to attack her.
- The neighbor has not been seen since the attack.
- Deputies are investigating.
A Checotah woman is in a Tulsa hospital after being attacked by a pit bull over the weekend.
Around 1 p.m. Saturday, Jackie Stone, 65, said she was trying to get her neighbor to put away her dog when the neighbor reportedly told the dog to attack stone.
The pitbull took a huge chunk out of Stone's arm. She expects to be at the hospital for several weeks undergoing surgeries.
Family members said they want to find the owner to make sure the dog is up to date on its vaccinations.
The family said the owner put the dog in a car after the incident and has not been seen in the neighborhood since.
They said they filed a report with the McIntosh Sheriff's Department.
- Democratic National Convention kicks off in Philadelphia
- Green Country missionaries detained in Mexico
- Priest killed, attackers shot dead in Normandy church hostage situation
- Man fires shots into east Tulsa QuikTrip, arrested at another
- General Mills expands E. coli-related flour recall, 4 reported illnesses
© 2018 Cox Media Group.