OSAGE COUNTY, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police in Barnsdall arrested Alan Scates.
- Scates is accused of felony child abuse in Redding, California.
- He had reportedly lived in Barnesdall for months.
Local law enforcement say a California child abuse suspect was found and arrested in Green Country.
Redding, California, police say Alan Brice Scates is wanted on a felony child abuse case from 2015.
According to Oklahoma investigators, they learned the incident was so severe that the child had to be flown by helicopter for its injuries.
Scates was recently arrested after he was found living in Barnsdall for the last few months.
5 Things to Know: Trending on FOX23.com
- Infant dies of starvation after parents overdose
- Gallup names 'Most Admired Woman' and 'Most Admired Man' of 2016
- Police: Collinsville teen posed as FBI agent to receive services from prostitutes
- Troopers: Lights out on Highway 75 may have been factor in juvenile pedestrian's death
- Pride of Broken Arrow heads to Rose Parade
Scates is at the Osage County Jail on a fugitive hold from California.
Barnsdall police say they first learned Scates had a warrant back in October, but Redding police did not want to extradite him at the time.
Redding police haven’t returned calls from FOX23 asking why they waited until now to bring him back.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.