TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Betty Shelby faces a first-degree manslaughter charge
- The former TPD officer shot and killed Terence Crutcher in 2016; she claims the shooting was in self-defense
- Judge denied Shelby's motion to include evidence about Terence Crutcher's past because Shelby did not know his history at the time of the shooting
- Witnesses will be able to testify to their observations of Crutcher on that day
- Shelby's trial begins May 8, there's another hearing on May 3rd
- WATCH FOX23 Naomi Keitt's full report above.
WATCH: Betty Shelby arrive in court.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Florida police say woman offered sex for chicken nuggets
- Feds raid Benny Hinn ministries
- Judge rules Terence Crutcher's past cannot be used in Betty Shelby's trial
- Oklahoma lawmaker wants to divert seized 'drug money' to U.S. border wall construction
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.