BARTLESVILLE, Okla. - Quick facts:
- The superintendent of Bartlesville Public Schools recommends that the district outsources janitorial services starting in the 2017-2018 school year.
- The district employs 59 janitors.
- If they outsource, the district says they would use Sourceone.
- Officials believe the move would save the district $300,000 each year.
- They say the move is an attempt to make cuts that don't directly affect students and teachers.
- The district says they are in talks with Sourceone to try to employ current janitorial staff.
- If approved, the changes would go into effect August 1.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Victim jumps on hood of suspect car, stopping burglary
- Road construction project begins in Broken Arrow
- The Latest: PM responds to complaints about mosque response
- The latest news that matters to you- right in your timeline
- Beyonce's dad confirms birth, ‘Happy Birthday to the twins!, love Granddad'
© 2017 Cox Media Group.