CLAREMORE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police arrested Paul Chuckluck and Johnnie Gaghins
- An officer received a picture on Snapchat allegedly taken by Gaghins
- Gaghins told police that Chuckluck placed the baby in a mesh laundry bag and hung the bag from a door handle
- She thought it was funny, so she took a picture, according to the probable cause affidavit
- Police arrested the couple on a claim of child abuse
A Claremore couple faces child abuse charges after police got ahold of a Snapchat photo.
A probable cause affidavit states a Hominy officer forwarded a Snapchat photo of a baby inside of a mesh laundry bag. The bag was knotted at the top and hung from a door handle.
Police investigated further and identified the parents of the baby as Johnnie Gaghins and Paul Chuckluck.
The pair admitted to placing the 9-month-old in the bag. Chuckluck said he saw his girlfriend take the photo, but did not realize she posted it to social media.
The pair were arrested on child abuse complaints.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Hard work lands Broken Arrow's Mossop at Air Force
- Trending news and local stories- LIKE FOX23 News on Facebook
- Baker Mayfield wins 2017 Heisman Trophy
- Download the FOX23 Weather app
- Oklahoma woman uses Christmas tree to share son's addiction story
© 2018 Cox Media Group.